Blogging (they say) is like getting thrown from a horse.
If you fall off of it, you just need to get right back up in the saddle again as quickly as possible.
This information is about as useful as: The best way to stop being poor is to just make lots of money.
Thanks for the advice.
No, here are some actually useful comparisons of neglecting your blog to getting thrown from a horse.
Blog neglect is like falling off of a horse in that …
- The horse has achieved its desired goal of not having something on its back.
- Everyone who sees you fall off the horse has a good laugh and feels much better about themselves.
- You finally get to find out how good your medical insurance really is (or isn’t).
- You now have a cool story to tell people who are waiting for you to finish talking so that they can tell a much cooler story about how they were thrown off the back of a wildebeest that was being chased by a pride of hungry lions.
- You realize that perhaps you really were not that good of an equestrian to begin with. And riding a horse is really an inefficient way to get around.
Okay, those were not that good.
But please be patient with me while I try to get back up on this horse.